NTC has its origins in 1919 in unincorporated Novato as a section of the Novato Improvement Club. Local farmers built the Novato Community House for the community and Novato Improvement Club called in home. They later a gave it to the City of Novato in 1924 when it incorporated. In 1947, this robust community theater incorporated as a non-profit corporation under the title of Novato Community, Inc. and more commonly known as the Novato Community Players! In 2004 it became Novato Theater Company, recognizing its own growth from a local community theater into a recognition force to be reckoned with. In 2006, NTC built the Pacheco Playhouse at the Pacheco Plaza after the Community House had been condemned. After six years of increasing quality in performance, and recognition by the SFBACC a nomination in 2009 for Urinetown, in Spring of 2013 NTC brought home 6 SFBACC Awards for two productions. The end of the lease at Pacheco Plaza landed NTC with a ten year lease at 5420 Nave Drive in the Hamilton Neighborhood. NTC opened its doors with “The Foreigner,” on May 24, 2013.